Mayor Sonny Pablo has ordered for the temporary closure of hotels and resorts operating within the Municipality of Rizal, Occidental Mindoro, covering the period of April 2 – April 9, in an attempt to stop and control the spread of Covid-19 cases among his constituents.
- 21 Covid-19 cases, naitala sa San Jose
- IATF Res. No. 101: Pwede nang magbiyahe ng walang test. Pero..
- Youthful Mayor Sonny Pablo echoes R.A. 11261, inspires students
Issuing Executive Order No. 14 Series of 2021, the following establishments classified as resorts and/or hotel were ordered closed:
- Biggy’s River Resort – Brgy. Salvacion
- Caniwal Resort – Brgy. Salvacion
- Ding & Mhel Farm & Resort – Brgy. Sto. Niño
- D’ Kack’s – Brgy. Adela
- Jacob’s Well – Brgy. Magsikap
- La Familia Private Pool – Brgy. Rizal
- Panganiban Resort – Brgy. Salvacion
- Sunrise Resort – Brgy. Malawaan
- Villa Lucia Estrella Hotel and Resort – Brgy. Rumbang
- Unanmed resort owned by Dr. Marites P. Paulino – Brgy. Magsikap
Scaled-down and cancellation of events
During the duration of closure order, scaled-down events or operating below the hotels and/or resorts’ is also prohibited.
Likewise, pre-booked events falling within the closure dates are automatically cancelled but may be scheduled at later date by the time the closure order has been lifted.
This should pave the way for a refund in case an advance payment has been made, or through any agreement that is beneficial to all parties involved.
Meanwhile, dine-in services shall also be suspended among restaurants and other establishments providing the same. But since foods are considered essential, delivery or take-out orders are allowed.
As provided in Section 5, all beach activities in coastal barangays, such as Brgy. Adela, Rumbang, Salvacion, and Malawaan, are prohibited.
Busuanga River and Lumintao River shall also be closed from any leisure and recreational activities within the period.
As of April 2, the Municipality of Rizal already has twelve (12) reported confirmed cases of Covid-19. Three (3) are currently active cases.
Late night April 4, PGO Occidental Mindoro however reported that a 17-year male with travel history from Navotas City has tested positive of Covid-19. He is said to be from the Municipality of Rizal.
His specimen were collected last March 29, the result of which was received April 3, 2021.
As of this writing, Rizal LGU is yet to make a public announcement about it,
Mayor Pablo also cautioned the public that the closure and suspension order may still be extended should the number of Covid-19 cases in the municipality further increase in days to come.
Source: Mayor Sonny Pablo