Gov. Gene Mendiola has conceded defeat by officially and personally turning over pertinent documents that describes and outlines his administration in the last six (6) years.
In a ceremony facilitated by DILG Occidental Mindoro, the camp of outgoing Gov. Gene Mendiola has formally turned over to newly elected Gov. Ed Gadiano the transition documents with which the latter may use as a starting point in governing the Province of Occidental Mindoro, June 24.
Held at the Provincial Governor’s Office, Gov. Gene Mendiola assured everyone of his support to the leadership of incoming Gov. Ed Gadiano who, in turn, thanked the former for all of the things he has done for Occidental Mindoro.
Both camp’s transition team members were present during said activity.
The transition of responsibility is in accordance with DILG Memorandum 2019 – 39 which requires all Governors, City and Municipal Mayors to create a Transition Team “to ensure continuity in local governance”.
FROM THE INSIDE:
The Transition Team is composed of the Local Chief Executive as Chairperson with members including all department heads, DILG representative, and one representative from civil society organization or people’s organization. The Vice Chairperson is chosen among members by a simple vote.
To ensure the smooth local governance transition to the newly-elected or re-elected local officials on June 30, the Local Governance Transition Team must conduct an inventory of LGU properties.
These include immovable properties such as land, buildings, infrastructure facilities and its improvements, and machineries made immovable as well as movable properties such as vehicles, office equipment, furniture, fixtures, and office supply stocks.
The Team must also gather, secure, and preserve all official documents or records of LGU official transactions such as, but not limited to, Governance Assessment Report and Commission on Audit Report for 2018.DILG
Meanwhile, the transition documents consists of the following:
- Governance Assessment Report (CY 2018)
- Commission On Audita (COA) Report (CY 2018)
- Contracts and Loan Agreements
- Comprehensive Development Plan
- Land Development Investment Plan
- Annual Investment Plan (CY 2019)
- Comprehensive Land Use or Physical Framework Plan
- Capability Development Plan
- Executive-Legislative Agenda
- Organizational Structure
- Inventory of Personnel By Nature Of Appointment
- Executive Orders
- the following Full Disclosure Policy Documents:
- Annual Budget CY 2019
- Statement of Debt Service CY 2018
- Statement of Receipts and Expenditures CY 2018
- Annual Procurement Plan CY 2019
- Annual GAD Accomplishment Report CY 2018
- Statement of Cash Flow CY 2019 1st Quarter
- Bid Results on Civil Works, Goods and Services, and Consulting Services CY 2019, 1st Quarter
- Special Education Fund Utilization Report CY 2019, 1st Quarter
- Trust Fund Utilization CY 2019, 1st Quarter
- Manpower Complement CY 2019, 1st Quarter
- Unliquidated Cash Advances CY 2019, 1st Quarter
- Supplemental Procurement Plan CY 2019, 1st Quarter
- 20% Component of the IRA Utilization CY 2019, 1st Quarter
- Report of Local Disaster Risk Reduction Fund Management Utilization CY 2019, 1st Quarter
There shall also be an inventory of LGU properties including:
- Immovable properties, such as lands, buildings, infrastructure facilities and its improvements, and machineries made immovable
- Movable properties such as vehicles, office equipment, furniture, fixtures, and office supply stocks
In a post by DILG-Occidental Mindoro, Provincial Director Ulysses Fararen recognized the accomplishments of Gov. Mendiola and as he lay down his trust and high hopes to Gov. Ed Gadiano’s administration.
(Photos courtesy of DILG – Occidental Mindoro)